Water Sector Capability
VERITAS has highly knowledgeable and experienced Water Sector Team with extensive policy, strategic planning, organisation development, planning & operations management and assurance services experience gained from working within State and Regional water authorities.
Our personnel have a diverse range of skills and experience generated from a variety of backgrounds and industries – this enables us to provide specific, informed, independent and reliable cross-industry advice and to provide holistic perspectives that can add significant value to our Water Sector clientele.
We can apply this extensive knowledge and experience to the development of new asset requirements definition, development of initial concept of operations, detailed operational forecasting and planning, development of operations and maintenance plans for both individual plants and equipment as well as networks. VERITAS’ Total Asset Life Cycle services ensure that infrastructure assets are operated safely and efficiently in accordance with regulatory, health, safety and environmental standards, using whole of life asset management principles.
Our Water Sector Capability typically include the following services:
Figure 1 – Whole of Life Asset Management Services
- Strategy development and Planning;
- Business Case Development & Support;
- Governance Development and Management;
- Gateway Reviews (submissions & assessments);
- Business Requirements Definition (BRS) and Management;
- Design Optioneering & Multi-Criteria Analysis;
- Lifecycle Costing;
- Demand and Capacity Management;
- Concept of Operations definition;
- Strategic Asset Management;
- Maintenance Management;
- Assurance Services & Independent Reviews;
- Safety and Systems Engineering; and
- Business Re-engineering / Change Management.
We have the capacity and capability to assist with the management of potable water, non-potable water and sewer treatment plants and their associated networked infrastructure. This knowledge and experience translate into a unique capability that enables us to deliver value in:
- Defining, developing and managing asset requirements using modern system engineering principles to design assets for better and more cost-effective operations and maintenance;
- Providing assurance to the client on the design, build, construction and refurbishment of water and sewage treatment plant projects;
- Assisting treatment plant managers and operators to collaboratively plan and manage the strategic and operational aspects of the plants and water schemes, to optimise the utilisation of the resource and availability of associated infrastructure;
- Developing and effectively implement standard operating procedures to deliver efficiencies in both water and sewerage treatment plants;
- Assisting treatment plant managers and operators to develop robust preventative maintenance plans to meet strategic business objectives and ensure plants and networks continue to operate in a safe and reliable manner;
- Assisting treatment plant managers and operators to develop and utilise effective work forecasting and planning tools to ensure investment in the operating assets is secured and optimised over the design lifecycle of the plant and maintenance regimes are appropriate to support the assets and deliver the required service outcomes; and
- Ensure that plant managers and operators effectively plan and operate to deliver environmentally safe and low-cost services to customers and stakeholders.
|Veritas Asia Pacific Pty Ltd Water Sector Capability.pdf|