Transport Sector Capability
VERITAS' Transport Sector services enables asset intensive operations to achieve their business objectives at optimum cost and risk, leveraging their assets’ full capacity and capability, and optimising their operations.
VERITAS has highly knowledgeable and experienced Consultants with extensive experience in the Transport Sector with the provision of services across a range of operations that includes:
- Passenger rail service design, planning and timetable development;
- Engineering & design of diesel electric locomotives and freight rolling stock;
- Design and construction of passenger rolling stock (EMU & DMU);
- Rolling stock maintenance operations;
- Track infrastructure maintenance and renewals;
- Passenger rail operation (including rostering and workforce planning); and
- Rail metro operations systems and safety engineering.
VERITAS assists its Transport Sector clientele to more effectively manage their asset portfolios and develop their operational management capability for long term sustainability. VERITAS assists its clients by developing and implementing both capacity and capability optimisation strategies to improve service delivery, reduce overall expenditure and maximise the return on shareholder investment through sustainable asset management.
VERITAS has delivered this capability in both the public and private sectors and has developed its own approach to strategic asset management (refer Figure 1). VERITAS offer its clients the benefits of its experience and from its established approach. VERITAS considers operational needs together with system requirements to ensure that strategic solutions are cognisant and inclusive of all factors to deliver the required capability.
VERITAS’ Transport Sector services typically include the following capabilities:
- Strategy Development, Planning and Execution;
- Business Case Development & Support;
- Governance Development and Management;
- Gateway Reviews (reviews, submissions & assessments);
- Requirements Definition, Management, Verification and Validation;
- Design Optioneering & Multi-Criteria Analysis;
- Safety and Systems Engineering;
- Whole of Life Cycle Costing;
- Configuration Management;
- Demand and Capacity Management;
- Concept of Operations definition;
- Strategic Asset Management;
- Maintenance Management;
- Assurance Services & Independent Reviews;
- Procurement & Contract Management; and
- Business Re-engineering / Change Management
Figure 1 – Whole of Life Asset Management Services
VERITAS is able to support its Transport Sector clients with the application of appropriate operational management and asset management techniques that span from the development of service delivery strategies, to the design and concept of operations (CONOPS), delivery, testing and commissioning of assets, operational readiness assessments, development of maintenance strategies, maintenance forecasting, planning and scheduling and through-life support.
|Veritas Asia Pacific Pty Ltd Transport Sector Capability.pdf|