Safety & Wellbeing
Safety & Wellbeing
Veritas Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (VERITAS) has articulated the organisation’s Workplace Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy to provide direction to its management, staff, contract personnel and business partners (collectively termed personnel) to provide clarity and foundation for the safe delivery of our services.
VERITAS is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its personnel and the safety of our workplace.
VERITAS will strive to operate and continually improve the health, wellbeing and safety in our workplace so as to protect the wellbeing of, and prevent injury or illness to, our personnel and the communities in which we operate.
Furthermore, VERITAS will:
- Operate in accordance with our Mission, Vision and Values, policies, minimum requirements and procedures and provide the framework for setting, reviewing and improving workplace health and safety objectives and targets;
- Comply with Work Health & Safety acts and other applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice and standards that may impact the workplace;
- Consult with our employees, and sub-contractors on matters relating to workplace health, safety and wellbeing;
- Ensure health and safety information is disseminated to our personnel and visitors in the workplace;
- Provide appropriate health and safety training and ensure that all personnel (and clients) understand our health and safety commitment and the role they fulfil;
- Apply an integrated risk management system that seeks to eliminate and control hazards So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP) throughout the business cycle;
- Ensure all incidents are reported and fully investigated to identify all causal factors;
- Undertake regular assessments and inspections of our workplace to improve, maintain and verify compliance;
- Empower employees and sub-contractors to cease work where there is a threat to the safety of our personnel or others; and
- Ensure VERITAS personnel are aware of this Policy and the need to comply with its contents, when working for or on behalf of VERITAS.